The School District of Philadelphia has dictated that admission into The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences must be governed by catchment area. Any school-aged child residing in the designated catchment area is eligible for admission based on current enrollment numbers for any particular grade throughout the academic school year.
Application for 2020-2021 School Year Available Starting September 20, 2019
* * *
For the 2020-2021 admissions cycle, Arts and Sciences is proud to participate in Apply Philly Charter, a common application process for all participating charter schools. The application through Apply Philly Charter allows for translation into 11 different languages including Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Vietnamese.
* * *
How to Apply
1. Visit the application link above starting on September 20, 2019.
2. Create an account (if new to Apply Philly Charter) and fill out your family profile.
3. Select The Philadelphia Charter School For Arts and Sciences (“Arts and Sciences”) as the school you want to apply to and see if you reside in Arts and Sciences’ catchment area.
4. Submit the application.
5. Receive initial results from Arts and Sciences on January 30, 2020.
6. For any submitted applications, if while applying the system informed you that you do not reside in Arts and Sciences’ catchment area, then the Admissions Office will contact you to inform you that you are not eligible to be considered for admission.
* * *
If you would like to apply for the current 2019-2020 school year, please use the link in the section further down below.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
ADMISSIONS POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Families may also apply in person at the school’s main office. School personnel will assist families with applying through Apply Philly Charter and with answering any questions about the admissions and enrollment process.
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences
1197 Haworth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
* * *
If you would like assistance with applying over the phone, please use the Apply Philly Charter Helpline at 1 (800) 891-3999.
2019-2020 ONLINE APPLICATION (Current School Year)
ENGLISH VERSION (GRADES K-8): APPLY HERE
SPANISH VERSION (GRADES K-8): APPLY HERE
Paper Intent to Register Forms for the 2019-2020 school year are available to download in the following languages:
If you need an application in a particular foreign language, please contact the school in person, by phone at 215-537-2520, or via email at email@example.com.
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences is committed to educational equality and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, disabilities, gender or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding the Admissions Process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.