The School District of Philadelphia has dictated that admission into The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences must be governed by catchment area. Any school-aged child residing in the designated catchment area is eligible for admission based on current enrollment numbers for any particular grade throughout the academic school year.
* * *
For the health and safety of our school community due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we ask that families apply online and do not arrive at the school to apply in person. For any questions or assistance, please contact the Admissions Office.
Admissions Office: (215) 537-2554; email@example.com
*Videos and virtual tours will be published on the website soon!
Application for 2021-2022 School Year Available Starting September 25, 2020
* * *
Arts and Sciences is proud to continue its participation in Apply Philly Charter, a common application process for all participating charter schools. The application through Apply Philly Charter allows for translation into 11 different languages including Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Vietnamese. If you would like assistance with applying over the phone, please use the Apply Philly Charter Helpline at 1 (800) 891-3999.
* * *
How to Apply
1. Visit the application link above starting on September 25, 2020.
2. Create an account (if new to Apply Philly Charter) and fill out your family profile.
3. Select The Philadelphia Charter School For Arts and Sciences (“Arts and Sciences”) as the school you want to apply to and see if you reside in Arts and Sciences’ catchment area.
4. Submit the application.
5. Receive initial results from Arts and Sciences on February 12, 2020.
6. For any submitted applications, if while applying the system informed you that you do not reside in Arts and Sciences’ catchment area, then the Admissions Office will contact you to inform you that you are not eligible to be considered for admission.
* * *
If you would like to apply for the current 2020-2021 school year, please use the same link for the Apply Philly Charter Application and indicate the school year you would like to apply for. We suggest you also submit an application for the 2021-2022 school year at the same time.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
ADMISSIONS POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences is committed to educational equality and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, disabilities, gender or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding the Admissions Process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.